BillyCorgan.it Forum

Spirits in the Sky, 6 date con Byrne, Spirits in the Sky e altri special guests

« Older   Newer »
cashcarstar78
view post Posted on 22/8/2009, 21:08

La locandina è azzeccatissima e precisa: billy corgan e i fantasmi degli smashing pumpkins.........

view post Posted on 22/8/2009, 23:20

It's иot postwar, it's just aиother war

Group:
Honeyspiders¹

a me i lavori di linda piacciono, e anche questo per me non è affatto male graficamente.. puro gusto personale ovvio!

view post Posted on 23/8/2009, 12:32

I can't go on digging roses from your grave...

Group:
White Spiders²

Anche io apprezzo Linda come artista, è un po' trash, ma ci azzecca :D

Web  Top
view post Posted on 24/8/2009, 16:00

Lascio che le cose mi portino altrove

Group:
White Spiders²

CITAZIONE (cashcarstar78 @ 22/8/2009, 22:08)
La locandina è azzeccatissima e precisa: billy corgan e i fantasmi degli smashing pumpkins.........

:D :D :D :D :D

_dan
view post Posted on 25/8/2009, 10:35

una foto delle prove da un cellulare..
c'è anche la violinista di superchrist Ysanne Spevack

image image image
image image image

view post Posted on 26/8/2009, 08:57

It's иot postwar, it's just aиother war

Group:
Honeyspiders¹

Un'altra foto dalle prove:

(di Joshua L. Giroux)

_dan
view post Posted on 26/8/2009, 10:46

(altre foto inutili del "pubblico" https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1322...58417287&ref=nf)

cmq ieri è uscita anche una intervista a Mark Tulin sugli show:
non aggiunge nuove informazioni, ma tanto per segnalare qualche aneddoto di contorno..
http://www.noozhawk.com/arts/article/08250...o_santa_barbara

SPOILER (click to view)
Jeff Moehlis: How did this mini-tour come about?

Mark Tulin: The big purpose of this is two-fold, as I understand it. Billy’s working up new material. He likes to demo all of his new songs rather than just playing them to himself and then going into the studio. The other reason is to have a good time, have some friends get together and play music.

JM: Where does the band name The Spirits in the Sky come from?

MT: It came from Sky Saxon’s memorial, inadvertently by the way. Billy wanted to do something with a couple of guys playing behind him, where he wasn’t doing Smashing Pumpkins songs. He said, we’ll do a Sky (Saxon) song, maybe we’ll do a cover song. I love (Norman Greenbaum’s song) “Spirit in the Sky,” so I said, let’s do that. And that’s where the name came from. It didn’t start with Sky (Saxon), but it just worked out perfectly.

JM: Which songs are you going to play?

MT: I can’t tell you what it is, because it should be a surprise. But I know on his Web site Billy said we are not doing any Smashing Pumpkins songs. So as much as I would like to play some of them, just for the adventure of playing them, we’re not. There will be some covers of other people’s stuff.

JM: Anything by The Electric Prunes?

MT: No.

JM: By The Seeds?

MT: Maybe. No Strawberry Alarm Clock stuff, and no Jane’s Addiction. This is Billy’s, and I think what it does really well is present him as an artist that maybe people haven’t seen him as.

JM: Would you describe the new songs as psychedelic?

MT: Some of it is definitively psychedelic, and some of it may be psychedelic in that it’s spiritually expanding. Maybe not mind-trippy — you may not hear a lot of distortion and feedback and all that — but it’s spiritually expanding because there’s a lot of heart in what’s going on.

For me, one of the nicest parts of all this is that I had a completely wrong impression of alternative guitar players. I got them very confused with guys that just thrash away on a guitar. Billy’s really good! So is Dave. And together — marvelous! They’re taking it. I just have to go for the ride with them. I’m very impressed with their musicality.

I think it’s really a cool thing to hear songs in their simpler manner, before you hear them in their produced Pumpkins style. So this is an opportunity to hear the songs themselves, and that’s what stands out — the individual writer, performer and song, not the production.

JM: What is it like working with Billy?

MT: Working with Billy, for me, has been a joy. He is demanding, but in a very positive way. You realize early on that he’s more demanding of himself than he is of you. So I’ll go home, and he’ll stay up working on the middle eight of a song, and make it right for the next day.

I think he’s gotten a really, really bad rap as to who he is. People mistake integrity and discipline for arrogance. He has shown me that he is nothing but fair, very scrupulous and has strong, strong integrity. I’m a fan of the Smashing Pumpkins, but I’m a huge fan of Billy Corgan. Sometimes it sounds like I’m gushing, but I’m that impressed by him. When you get to see him perform intimately, like you will at the show, you’ll see that person.

I’ve learned a lot from him. He’s taught me how to play grunge/alternative bass, that I never knew how to do. And I’m getting pretty good at looking at my shoes while I play [laughs]. I’m going to miss him when he goes back to Chicago. I’ve just loved every moment of it.

cashcarstar78
view post Posted on 26/8/2009, 11:52

Solo a me lo sfondo sembra...finto?

billypumpkins
view post Posted on 26/8/2009, 19:51

il mio sconforto diventa sempre più grande!!

TheGrandWazoo
view post Posted on 26/8/2009, 20:38

CITAZIONE (cashcarstar78 @ 26/8/2009, 12:52)

Solo a me lo sfondo sembra...finto?

e' superlavorata col photoshop, hanno smanettato con i livelli etc probabilmente nel disperato tentativo di una miglioria di una foto fatta col cellulare o la camera digitale da 20 dolla.

Si trattano bene,
casse JBL serie EON

view post Posted on 26/8/2009, 22:50

Lascio che le cose mi portino altrove

Group:
White Spiders²

comunque figa la location..............

view post Posted on 26/8/2009, 23:01

leave me alone a little while

Group:

CITAZIONE (billypumpkins @ 26/8/2009, 20:51)
il mio sconforto diventa sempre più grande!!

per? :blink:

view post Posted on 27/8/2009, 10:36

Nagerhähnchen

Group:

Setlist del primo concerto:

_dan
view post Posted on 27/8/2009, 10:44

ci sono già un sacco di documentazioni e commenti in giro per la rete e non si riesce a stargli detro :P
comunque quelli che erano presenti paiono davvero entusiasti delle nuove canzoni, e in genreale dello show

da quello che si legge sul liveblog di hipstersunited risulta che ci sia stata una prima parte di billy&co semi acustica con canzoni nuove e cover
una parte con billy solo, accompagnato dalla violinista Ysanne
e una parte elettrica finale spettacolare LOUD [cit] ("Navarro shredding. Billy laughing" e due batterie)
(Qui il primo video inultie con qualche scarso secondo di una canzone, ma indubbiamente a breve avremo di meglio)

foto
image image image image

_dan
view post Posted on 27/8/2009, 16:28

ahah in rete c'è pure un servizio "tg3 regione" della abc

e una serie di foto

74 replies since 19/8/2009, 12:44   2652 views