BillyCorgan.it Forum

Oceania uscirà il 19 Giugno, Il nuovo album degli Smashing Pumpkins [SPOILERS INSIDE]

« Older   Newer »
_dan
view post Posted on 5/4/2012, 16:48 by: _dan

non è niente di che, ma mi è capitato di trovare questo breve "commento" di Billy che non avevo ancora letto..
CITAZIONE
”We've shifted back into a mindset of, like, we must make great music at a very high level and if the song is 11 minutes long, well then that's, the song's 11 minutes long,” says the singer. “Oceania has two songs, like, one's seven minutes long, one's 10 minutes long. So, we're back in the mode of just, like, let's just make the best music possible.”

Corgan added that he had a wealth of material to choose from as he put the album together. “The 13 songs in Oceania are probably culled down from about 30 or 40 songs,” notes Corgan. “I kind of went into it how I'd made the albums in the '90s. The way I used to work would be like, 'OK, I'm going to take the best rock song, the best pop song, the best moody song and just go from there' and so I went back to the way that I used to work, and so it has that kind of sense of diversity in the album."

Read On ABC News Radio: http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-news/2...l#ixzz1rBIJRzzn

Spero che la scelta delle canzoni sia stata fatta davvero con cognizione, perché ne ha lasciate fuori, al solito, delle belle.

167 replies since 12/3/2012, 23:00   9738 views