BillyCorgan.it Forum

News SP

« Older   Newer »
_dan
view post Posted on 21/8/2011, 09:46

un mega aggiornamento globale su un po' tutto, da Billy (meno sorridente del solito perché ucciso dal lavoro in studio^^)

:)

La trascrizione (Hipsters United):
Hello everyone, it’s Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins. Currently in the studio, finishing Oceania, I hope. Also getting ready for our tour of the US and Europe, so it’s a very busy time. I’ve got a few details to update you on what’s going on with the archival reissues and the debut of the Smashing Pumpkins Record Club, what we’re calling the SPRC. We’re going to offer a free track to start with, in exchange for your email address, because we all know that’s so valuable. So you have to sign up for the Record Club, it’s free to sign up, but you’ll get a free song. And the first song we’re going to release for free is a demo recording of “Drown,” which we found in going through the archives. It was recorded roughly around the end of ’91, early ’92, somewhere in the Gish touring we were writing songs which we hoped were going to be for Siamese Dream. And I believe in a couple days we recorded five demos: “Luna,” “STP,” “Drown,” “Silver[fuck],” and something else I can’t remember. And so this is the actual demo from that time. And as part of what we’re going to do here with the Record Club, we’re going to provide certain materials that the band worked with to make its decisions. So although we eventually hope to offer this demo for sale, remixed and updated to 96k 24-bit status, which all our releases will be available as 96k 24-bit unmastered files, the “Drown” here that you’ll have will be the actual rough mix from the time. Which we actually think is kind of cool, because even though it’s a little bit of a lower fidelity than we’ll eventually offer the song at, you do get a sense of what the band was listening to at the time… I think I’ve already said that.

Also know that we’re considering all sorts of different options, coming across these materials. One I think people will find really interesting, is we found about two plus hours of Gish-related working materials that would have been our rough mixes and things like that, at the time of making the Gish record. And we’ve got about four, five, or six hours of Siamese Dream-related materials that really kind of give you insight into the recording process. You hear all sorts of things: rough vocals that weren’t used, songs before they had particular lyrics, it’s really interesting, even for me, to listen through chronologically, because you can really hear some of the progression. So we may be offering those as sort of audio documentaries, possibly with or without commentary, so we’re exploring those options. And we may do something, where, those types of projects, we’ll offer on a basis where we’ll see who wants to invest in it initially as a start up, to see if there’s enough interest to actually have those materials come out. I’d like to see them come out, but obviously we got a lot going on right now.

So yes, we’re prepping for the tour, it’s going to be very interesting, it’s going to be a debut of some of the Oceania songs. I’m halfway through the singing at least, I’ve got maybe five more songs to go on the singing, so we’re getting pretty close. We start mixing September 1, we hope that the music will start to be available to be heard somewhere in the November area. We’re working out those details now. Oceania will have a commercial release. Because we found particularly in Europe and other countries outside the US, that… we’re finding it hard for people to realize that Teargarden is even in progress and that the tracks are available. So we’re still going to try to go back through some of the traditional chains to put people into contact with the record. Particularly because it’s an album, we do want it to be heard as an album. And uh, what else?

So, I know there’s a bit of confusion, but Oceania will be able to be heard relatively soon. So I saw some people, I think on my twitter feed, who were freaking out, saying why is the album delayed? The album’s not delayed, we’re totally on schedule, actually, it’s rare, because usually we’re not on schedule. So that’s about it for now, we’re really excited, super busy time, super busy time. It’s often, in one room we have, we have, we’re working on Siamese Dream reissue materials and I walk back in the other room and I have to work on a solo for a song. So, I’m living in about 30 different eras at once. But it’s exciting, it’s exciting to hear the music, and for those of you who haven’t seen my Twitter feed, listening to the unmastered files of Siamese Dream and then the Bob Ludwig mastered files of Siamese Dream… mindblowing. Best I’ve ever heard the record, since it was recorded. I’d accepted long ago that you would never hear the record at the level of fidelity that we recorded it at and now that moment’s here when you can hear the record like that, and wow, stunning, because I hadn’t heard it like that for eighteen years, and it blew my mind. And everybody around here is just freaked out how good it sounds. So I’m really excited, it’s gonna be a fantastic time, and just one more little tidbit of information. We’re looking at maybe including a DVD extra disc, with the… so like Gish would have an extra disc of released and unreleased materials, some things obvious, obviously something like “Drown” belongs on the Gish extra disc, but there’s gonna be unreleased stuff, Soundworks demos, things like that, and then maybe also a DVD component, we’ve unearthed some footage in concerts and things like that, some really great stuff.

So, super exciting time, I think I’ve said that about forty times. Honestly, I may not look it, cause I’m just tired. Right now I’m in the corner over here working on lyrics. There’s the, that’s the Mellon Collie piano there, from my old Victorian house. I’m working on lyrics for a song called “Four Winds Blow” or “Four Winds Chime” or “Four Winds” something, “Four” nothing. And I’ll be singing that later today. So we’ll put up a fresh update, with more information on the “Drown” release relatively soon when we actually launch the record club, but we wanted to start putting out those details now. And to be pretty simple: sign up for the record club for free, just give us your email, so we can stay in contact with you and let you know what’s going on, because obviously we want everyone to participate in this process on every level, both encouraging and also helping fund some of these projects, which will help these materials come out so everybody can share them… that’s the great thing about the internet now is, we all can connect on these issues. I know I want these materials in everybody’s hand so, it’s finally time, the time is finally here, finally no more talk… so OK, talk to you soon. Take Care. Over and out. BC out. Or something like that.

riassumendo per punti le cose per me salienti:
- il primo relese è un demo di Drown del '92 (dovrebbe essere inedito, non questo quindi).
- l' SPRC dovrebbe rilasciare un sacco di demo e "cose" su cui la band lavorava durante/prima i dischi, tipo mix grezzi, canzoni con abbozzi di testo alternativi mai usati, o canzoni ancora senza testi ecc... che testimoniano il progersso del lavoro della band.
Saranno a pagamento, ovviamente.
Probabilmente a seconda del responso iniziale vuole vedere come/a quanto far uscire (di nuovo con la quota fissa come l'ultima volta?)
- Oceania: Mancano le voci di 5 canzoni (e tocchi finali). Dovrebbero iniziare il mixing il 1 settembre, quindi per Novembre pensa che potremmo sentire le canzoni.
Uscirà in formato fisico, soprattutto per l'europa (?) [ndr nel 2012] perché vuole che sia ascoltato come album, e non come canzoni singole [era ora]
Conferma ancora che il tour passerà anche in Europa.
- Nel bonus disc dei remaster ci saranno ovviamente canzoni già rilasciate ufficialmente (come Drown), ma anche cose indeite e demo [ndr non inediti?]. Il dvd conferma conterrà materiale tratto dai live del periodo [sembra inedito, visto che dice che li hanno dissotterati dall'archivio]

Promette altre info relativamente a breve

cashcarstar78
view post Posted on 21/8/2011, 13:07

Madonna dopo Teargarden faranno pagare anche le demo

crashing
view post Posted on 21/8/2011, 17:26

sì e poi dice che ascoltando i nastri di siamese dream si è reso conto che in 18 anni non aveva mai davvero potuto ascoltare l'album con quella fedeltà e qualità... e ovviamente nemmeno noi.

che la stanchezza che mostra qui sia proporzionale alla qualità del disco!!!

cashcarstar78
view post Posted on 21/8/2011, 18:11

O puro marketing

crashing
view post Posted on 21/8/2011, 18:50

sìsì certo... non entravo nel merito se potesse essere vero o meno, era solo per cronaca :)

view post Posted on 23/8/2011, 19:04

tomorrow is everything

Group:
Administrator

Monte ha una lingua che non si asciuga mai...

Web  Top
cashcarstar78
view post Posted on 23/8/2011, 21:44

CITAZIONE (mrgt @ 23/8/2011, 20:04) 
Monte ha una lingua che non si asciuga mai...

Piango dal ridere :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nikoz
view post Posted on 24/8/2011, 12:59

ahah leggevo sul forum di netphoria una roba che mi ha fatto ridere: hipsterunited è probabilmente uno dei migliori fan-site\community della rete, sono aggiornatissimi su tutte le novità, fanno i podcast, sono fan veri.. e billy addirittura li ha insultati pubblicamente.. apre un blog scrauso monte e subito BC ci scrive..

view post Posted on 24/8/2011, 19:42

tomorrow is everything

Group:
Administrator

Mi sembra chiaro una volta ancora che il signor WPC considera degni della sua attenzione solo i servili fan adulanti, che non si sognano di criticare l'artista.. in nessun modo. I risultati sono evidenti, direi. Poi si accorge a distanza di anni che certi brani "straordinari" non valgono nulla.
"Voglio che il nuovo album sia ascoltato e percepito come album, non come canzoni singole". Come non adularlo.

Web  Top
crashing
view post Posted on 15/9/2011, 07:20

http://glittercop.blogspot.com/2011/09/sma...dio-update.html

oltre a parlare di oceania, Billy parla anche dei vecchi album prossimi all'uscita in versione remasterizzata e altro...

"...and the release this year of a newly mastered Gish and Siamese Dream from the original tapes with a disc of extras for each, as well as a dvd of live concert footage. I think over the next 3 years there will be approximately 17-20 albums worth of music released and re-issued..."

:woot:

+Darkal+
view post Posted on 15/9/2011, 07:54

cd originale + cd bonus + dvd insieme?

non è che ci spareranno 100 euro come per nevermind?

cashcarstar78
view post Posted on 15/9/2011, 11:23

CITAZIONE (+Darkal+ @ 15/9/2011, 08:54) 

Molto molto probabile, speriamo non in tiratura limitata

+Darkal+
view post Posted on 15/9/2011, 11:53

CITAZIONE (cashcarstar78 @ 15/9/2011, 12:23) 
CITAZIONE (+Darkal+ @ 15/9/2011, 08:54) 

Molto molto probabile, speriamo non in tiratura limitata

ma speriamo anche che NON chieda 100 euro per un cd che ho già, per delle bside che se tutto va bene ho già e un dvd che potrei avere già (e bisogna pure vedere che mette nel dvd...)

1324 replies since 23/1/2007, 01:39   39014 views