BillyCorgan.it Forum

Oceania

« Older   Newer »
Cherub
view post Posted on 12/7/2011, 15:48

per l'album. insomma ci va bene se esce entro natale...

cashcarstar78
view post Posted on 12/7/2011, 16:14

mmm interessante se l'album vale potrei vederli in concerto di nuovo.

view post Posted on 12/7/2011, 16:55

Küchenschabe

Group:

CITAZIONE (cashcarstar78 @ 12/7/2011, 17:14) 
mmm interessante se l'album vale potrei vederli in concerto di nuovo.

^_^

è quasi commovente come ancora ci credete/crediamo..... :rolleyes:

cashcarstar78
view post Posted on 12/7/2011, 17:02

ci provo ghostchild, ci provo

_dan
view post Posted on 12/7/2011, 20:43

Comunque Nicole ha postato un aggiornamento sulla sua prima esperienza in studio per Oceania

http://xocoleyf.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-oc...experience.html

CITAZIONE
MONDAY, JULY 11, 2011

My "Oceania" experience.....
Hey there boys and girls.....

It's been awhile since I've updated all of you. It's been an extremely busy summer for me thus far. The last 2 weeks I've been on the east coast visiting family, but the 6 weeks prior to that were spent working in the studio on our forthcoming album "Oceania." It was a very intense 6 weeks to say the least. I've participated in many recording sessions in my life, but this experience pushed me to a different level of musicianship that I've never quite experienced. The first 3 weeks were spent working closely with our drummer Mike. I didn't record anything, but served more as a support system for him as I felt my way through the songs. What I loved about this process was that we really played off of each other's styles and worked through our parts together. His choices directly influenced mine and vice versa. So even though we recorded separately, we were still able to create that live, organic feeling in the songs. I think the primary focus for this album was to create a natural "band" sound that wasn't so focused on technicalities. We tried to use full takes as much as possible, no clicks, and as few punch-ins as we could. The concentration was more on creating a feeling verses getting a "perfect" take. Billy really gave us the opportunity to bring our personalities to the tracks. The process for me was a very positive one because I felt totally supported and trusted. As far as writing bass lines, Billy gave me the reigns and I took full advantage of it! My goal was to put my stamp on this album without compromising the classic Pumpkins sound. I feel that because I was so supported I was able to take risks and have the confidence to follow through with ideas that wouldn't necessarily be the obvious choice. I think that I succeeded in what I set out to do which was to create a bass sound that is unique to me and also serves the album. I feel really good about the work that we've done as a unit these past few months and feel strongly that it is going to shine through in the final product. Billy and Jeff are currently working diligently on guitars while I am gearing up to work on vocals. Shortly after that we will mix, master and share it with all of you! In other news, The Cold and Lovely record is currently being mixed and should be ready for a late summer/early fall release. Thanks for all of your love and support!

xo N

p.s. For the gear heads:
The songs on Oceania tend to highlight the melodic side of my playing. I used a variety of basses that all support the lead bass lines that I play without losing the low end. Basses I used include a 63 Fender Jazz, 62 Gibson Thunderbird, 64 Fender VI, 76 P bass, 58 P bass, and a 78 Rickenbacker. Although I am a Mesa Boogie girl on stage, we experimented with a Reeves custom 225 head and an Ampeg SVT Classic 8x10 cabinet for the record and found a really great sound that was very complimentary to my style.

in pratica pare che tutte le parti di basso siano sue / abbia avuto molta libertà creativa anche nell'interazione nella parte ritmica con Mike..

cashcarstar78
view post Posted on 13/7/2011, 18:44

billy_kaleidyscope_style

Billozzo in studio

x119
view post Posted on 15/7/2011, 15:54

CITAZIONE
Recording drums today. As in I'm hitting drums and recording them. Last time I did that was for 'cupid de locke' 16 years ago!
18 ore fa

Come lo interpretereste voi questa frase?

+Darkal+
view post Posted on 15/7/2011, 17:13

CITAZIONE (x119 @ 15/7/2011, 16:54) 
CITAZIONE
Recording drums today. As in I'm hitting drums and recording them. Last time I did that was for 'cupid de locke' 16 years ago!
18 ore fa

Come lo interpretereste voi questa frase?

la interpreterei con "Billy stop living in the fucking past" :D

nikoz
view post Posted on 16/7/2011, 13:34

la interpreto che continua a fare paragoni col passato credendo\facendo credere che fare le stesse cose che ha fatto nel passato possa giovare (vedi anche la chitarra da 50 dollari di mayonaise)

_dan
view post Posted on 7/8/2011, 15:39

per chi è appena tornato dalle eventuali vacanze (buone vacanze a tutti!), su HU c'è un bel riassunto del lavoro delle ultime settimane

CITAZIONE
Billy Corgan and Jeff Schroeder began recording “basic guitar tracks” on June 22.
The next few days were spent testing various equipment, with recording of the final (LOUD) rhythm guitar tracks beginning on June 25 with “Inkless.” That work was completed by June 27, with Corgan describing it as “massive, beautiful, and oh so pretty.”
On June 28, the band completed basic guitar for “Panopticon,” which Corgan called “a good challenge,” but the final result was “EPIC.“
On June 29, the band worked on the song known as either “Quasar” or “Stella Polaris.”
On July 3, Corgan was recording Mellotron for the title track “Oceania.”
On July 12, the band worked on guitars for “Chimera.”
On July 20, the band worked on a song called “The Celestials,” which may be the song formerly known as “Special K” and/or “Helios.” Corgan began recording lead vocals on July 27, starting with “Pale Horse,” and noting that guitar solos and other “bells, whistles” remained to be tracked.
On July 28, he sang “Glissandra.” Meanwhile, Nicole Fiorentino prepared to fly back to Chicago to begin recording her backing vocals.
On July 30, Corgan indicated that he was recording guitar overdubs and vocals for “The Celestials,” but suggested that there remained work to do on “Glissandra.”
On August 3, Corgan cut a vocal for “Inkless.”

The number of tracks on the album seems to be thirteen.

Pare poi che Billy abbia serie intenzioni di far uscire in Vinile e digitale lossless e ad alta definizione (96k/24 bit)

su hu riportano anche queste riflessioni sul fatto che secondo lui in europa teargarden non ha avuto successo per problemi di distribuzione/comunicazione (non gli sfiora neanche l'idea che faccia schifo), e quindi credo di interpretare le sue parole come l'intenzione di fare un release fisico a tutti gli effetti + digitale (gratuito?) per Oceania..

CITAZIONE
We have some interesting opportunities. There’s still interest to put the record out commercially. So we’re trying to figure out a way by which people can still hear the music and at the same time do a commercial release, because not doing any kind of commercial release is, particularly in Europe…a lot of the European fans don’t know anything about Teargarden. We’ve gotten enough press and media attention about what I’ve done and I continue to do in America, but, in Europe, unless I go over there and do some big press tour, I mean, the album’s basically been ignored. So at some point, if you don’t work within certain systems, you just don’t exist. This is going to be our first tour of Europe in three years, so we’re looking to try to find some balance where people still have access to music, and at the same time put it in hands in a way that will get people to listen, because we’re just not getting the level of listening that we would have hoped for at this point.

Antrix84
view post Posted on 8/8/2011, 01:40

"a lot of the European fans wouldn't have known anything about Teargarden"

Fixed

Ad ogni modo, quanto può essere ridicolo un uomo che si autocomplimenta per ciò che ha creato?

+Darkal+
view post Posted on 8/8/2011, 08:06

Tralasciando la cavolata di teargarden, perchè se il tuo nome è "Smashing Pumpkins" e lasci GRATUITAMENTE le tue canzoni nel tuo sito e in vari altri siti, oltre a scrivere ogni 5 secondi su facebook ogni tua "novità", è CHIARO che non puoi dire che non esisti, una band emergente lo può dire, ma non una band che ha fatto storia come gli Smashing Pumpkins e che ha 1.208.437 fan solo su facebook... Deve mettersela via ma non lo farà mai, maledizione al suo ego smisurato! Cmq speriamo che Oceania sia un bel disco (non vorrei buttare via 20€ per niente...)

view post Posted on 12/8/2011, 16:31

tomorrow is everything

Group:
Administrator

Chi l'avrebbe mai detto?

Nel nuovo comunicato stampa pubblicato da Mitch Schneider e Kerry Brown (Klikkaa) si accenna al fatto che Oceania uscirà a inizio 2012 ("early 2012"). Come di consuetudine le sparate di Corgan sono sempre da prendere con le pinza, se se ne occupa lui (settembre...).

Le re-issue di Gish e SD sono invece gestite da EMI, non una garanzia, ma azienda al collasso con gli occhi iniettati di sangue e lucro: confermate quindi entrambe le edizioni deluxe per il 15 novembre.

Web  Top
cashcarstar78
view post Posted on 12/8/2011, 17:41

Chisà che conterranno

_dan
view post Posted on 13/8/2011, 09:36

cmq in questa intervista dice che noi potremo cmq sentirlo tutto entro la fine del 2011, prima della release ufficiale

(il resto dell'intervista è inutile)

175 replies since 1/6/2011, 14:15   6617 views