BillyCorgan.it Forum

News nuovi album 2015, "Monuments To An Elegy" & "Day For Night"

« Older   Newer »
LastNight
view post Posted on 11/5/2014, 15:04

perchè?

view post Posted on 11/5/2014, 18:13

I can't go on digging roses from your grave...

Group:
White Spiders²

Quindi sta registrando lui anche il basso :| Dovrà rimettere assieme ancora un'altra line-up per eventuali concerti dal vivo...

Web  Top
tommysnail
view post Posted on 11/5/2014, 19:34

CITAZIONE (Guitar zero @ 9/5/2014, 14:46) 
CITAZIONE (tommysnail @ 8/5/2014, 20:56) 
Concordo....anche un eventuale scippo agli A.P.C. non sarebbe male...mi garba un sacco quel batterista,ed anche Live è molto preciso e potente....cmq l'importante è che non ci sia più Mike ;)

Spero che tu stia parlando di Josh Freese (che è stato scippato dai Weezer), dato che Jeff Friedl non arriva a quel livello, ed è pure uno che suona con un tom in meno...

Parlo di quello che ha registrato il loro primo cd,Mer de Noms,che anche dal vivo è molto preciso e potente...

LastNight
view post Posted on 11/5/2014, 20:18

ah quello lo hanno cambiato subito...Tim Alexander ha registrato il disco e suonato i primi show del 2000, poi Josh freese fino a un anno fa...

tommysnail
view post Posted on 11/5/2014, 22:42

ah ok..non sapevo di Tim Alexander
Gli ho visti al C-side una decina di anni fa quando avevano registrato solo Mer de Noms e sono rimasto felicemente sorpreso per quanto pestava ed allo stesso tempo era preciso,Josh Freese....
Grazie per il chiarimento e scusate per l'OT....

Guitar zero
view post Posted on 12/5/2014, 13:30

Ancora molta confusione qui sugli APC:

1 Tim Alexander ha registrato solo 'The Hollow' su 'Mer De Noms'
2 Josh Freese ha suonato con la band fino al 2010-11
3 Visti anch'io al C-side 10 anni fa, il tour era quello di 'Thirteenth Step', il secondo disco, se non l'avevi sentito a quei tempi non avrai riconosciuto meta' dei pezzi in scaletta...
Josh dal vivo ci metteva parecchio del suo, ricordo dei numeri in 'Thinking Of You' e 'Judith' che sul disco non c'erano...

LastNight
view post Posted on 12/5/2014, 17:23

Tim ha suonato anche nei primi show....primi mesi del 2000...in studio solo the hollow hai ragione..
Josh ha scritto il messaggio di addio alla band il 2 ottobre 2012, quindi un anno e mezzo fa
Io li vidi al velvet a rimini nel 2004 tour di thirteenth step, clamorosi tutti quanti dal vivo...

LastNight
view post Posted on 27/5/2014, 12:56

THUNDERBIRD / SP ALBUM UPDATE
May 23, 2014

Lots of bassin’ today, as all 9 tracks were covered, and then a continued trawl back through (in the same order) with rhythm guitar. So not much to report other than it’s a bit of an assembly line. The exciting part is within essentially 2 weeks time we’ll have everything set to go: lyrics, arrangements, drums, most guitar parts with only overdubs to write (visa vie guitars and keys).

This means we’re essentially on point to be finished with recording on schedule; a rarity! But that said, the album is leaner than most, with a hyper-focused tautness that feels steeped in some form of modernity; if modernity is progress and not moral decline.

A side line note for amusement: I’m currently mulling the release of a ‘best of’ (which if you heard the stuff you know I’m joshing) of my many demos from 1985-1986; something along the lines of AEGEA; where a limited-edition vinyl edition will do for the right crowd. Guessing, and given the rights issues of what I own outright and isn’t related to others, I’d say there might be 10-15 albums worth of stuff. And there to my surprise on tape 3 of 60 (or so) there was a song idea (long forgotten) called ANALISE. Unfortunately it wasn’t very interesting or would have made for a heck of a story. But there’s plenty of other stuff worth a chuckle or a nod: some goth, some heavy metal, and even some electronic stuff.

W.P.C.

Blizzard Kings of Oz
May 26, 2014

Well folks, it's that time: LA, drums a'fire, the Sunset Strip. "I am the lizard king!"

Sang the rest. Now it's up to the rock gods to provide favour.

Are you ready? We are. 4 months of pre-production, a year and a half in ideas and cast-offs. Beginning or the end? A new era of the same 'ol strange?

For one I'm stoked like a fatalist.

The other half of my day was in transfer of the flawed 'Musique Concrete' performance (more on that later). Looked for baby deer too; little thing was gone: so that's good.

W.P.C.

LastNight
view post Posted on 28/5/2014, 16:31

CALLING THE STARCHILD IN ALL OF US / SP ALBUM UPDATE
May 28, 2014

No, that is not 3 men sitting around a tribal fire. That would be a snare destroyed by T Lee, the lugs literally disemboweling from within. Sounds like the true definition of heavy drum vibes, no?

I’ve found by experience that when true rockers play, things melt, splinter, shatter; and people cry. Oh yeah: and poseurs perish.

So what are we really doing? Technically speaking, tracking drums against the last of the demos, and which when done will be re-adorned with: guitars, bass, vocals, bird calls, the howling storms of Odin.

Spirit wise we’re having a lot of fun, the stories shared the stuff of legend; rings in the fire narratives. Young man goes into a BLANK and then BLANK and BLANK happens. Which then requires a BLANK to be hired to clean up the BLANK.

Back to this reality we’re knee deep in ANTI-HERO, improving by degrees the songs continuity and storytelling. Which is a tough but pleasing process knowing we’re going the extra mile to bring the urgency required; for isn’t the world sleeping?

“Wait,” says Anonymous AL427, “what if I want to stay asleep? Isn’t that my right?”

Reply: “You mean though your every move is being tracked, cradle to grave, by commercial and technocratic entities?”

“Yeah! But they are my friends! I know because I’ve seen the commercials.”

“Sorry AL,” says multi-dimensional Billy, who embodies every era of his musical 9 lives in some sort of weird, anime time-warp construct. “The rock cannot be stopped.”

“But when you say ‘rock’ BC, that confuses me? Since every song on the new album is not heavy! Heck, one is even disco-like!”

“Buddy, that’s what the kids like. Haven’t you heard? But don’t worry. T Lee’s bringing the real deal upside your brain. Think spinning pentagrams digging into your cerebellum and you’ll get the idea.”

“Whoa, sounds cool, but scary too!”

Hearing that, BC, who is different than Billy, WPC, William, and Zero, patted AL sympathetically on the shoulder. “It is my friend. It is. Just trust you’ll thank us later.”

W.P.C.

view post Posted on 30/5/2014, 17:08

RANTUMIIIIIIIIIII

Group:

Su Netphoria è stato pubblicato questo clip di un presunto demo scartato:

https://it.hightail.com/e?phi_action=app/o...CSU9ubHdpR01UQw

Non sembra male. Ma non riesco a capire se sia davvero roba loro.

(A latere, mi stupisce la regolarità degli aggiornamenti. Pensavo che Billy si sarebbe rotto le palle dopo due giorni. Invece al di là di qualche delirio, tipo l'ultimo postato, ce ne sono stati anche di belli da leggere).

nikoz
view post Posted on 30/5/2014, 23:56

mi sa che è vero, non credo sia un fake.. fa un po' un misto tra zwan e oceania..

LastNight
view post Posted on 31/5/2014, 00:38

non c'è più

nikoz
view post Posted on 31/5/2014, 10:32

via MP i can provide you, capisc'?

LastNight
view post Posted on 31/5/2014, 22:31

okeio

LastNight
view post Posted on 1/6/2014, 01:21

A quick update from sunny Los Angeles: visa vie the Herculean efforts of one T Lee, drum tracking on 3 songs has been traversed; with ANAISE (pts 1 + 2), MONUMENTS, and ANTI-HERO now all in the fold, and TIBERIUS on deck. And though the art of this sort of recording leaves little to report on (“let’s try that one again, if you please”), I can attest to a number of smashed heads and imploding snares, unlike anything this reporter has ever seen. This includes the fracture of unbreakable sticks, and the death of microphones incapable of handling such concussive effect. To quote Herr Howard, “there is loud, and then there is Tommy.”

So stay with us on this journey, as there are many, many exciting days to come…

W.P.C.

123 replies since 25/3/2014, 21:25   4356 views