BillyCorgan.it Forum

13. Wildflower

« Older   Newer »
BCIT
view post Posted on 12/6/2012, 19:53

Questo è il topic dedicato a Wildflower, traccia numero 13 del nuovo album degli Smashing Pumpkins, Oceania.

Riportate qui i vostri commenti, critiche e reazioni all'ascolto!

Wildflower

Wasted along the way
I’m wasted along the way
I’m wasted along the way to reach you
Wasted along the way
I’m wasted along the way
Infernal ides
I trim the wick so fine
To carry forth your light
Comfort me
What will leave will leave
Comfort me to stem the tide
Wasted along the way
I’m wasted along the way
Wildflower in the wilderness outside
Take your chance with love and laughter
And every word I write, yeah
From that body will never learn
When it’s far too gone I’d move on
Wasted along the way
Wasted along the way
Wasted along the way
Wasted along the way
Ooh wildflower, wildflower
Wildflower

CITAZIONE
Commento di Billy Corgan a Music Radar:

“It dates back to the original Teargarden sessions, a demo I did with [The Electric Prunes’] Mark Tulin. I think Mike was around, too – he had just started. Originally, it was just like a country song – very twangy, like early ‘70s Byrds.

“After Mark died in the early part of last year, I found myself going back through the tapes of all the stuff we did, kind of mining for forgotten riffs and also taking this weird walk down memory lane of how he’d impacted my life. I came across the song, and I thought, ‘I’ve just got to do something.’ I specifically remember Mark, when I came up with the idea for the song, he was like, ‘I love these chords! It’s so cool, the way you put the chords together.’ He would always say, ‘How do you come up with this shit?’ [laughs]

“I’m a real fan of when chord revolutions don’t resolve. Cherub Rock’s like that, too. You never feel that sense of ‘dahhhh!’ until the end of the song. It creates an anticipatory effect.

“To write an entire song around one chord sequence, essentially – there’s one minor bridge in there – nine-tenths of the song is that same sequence over and over again. It’s kind of got a hymn aspect to it. I really like it in that sense because it reminds me of Mark and how he’s affected my journey. It’s a kind of a sad ending to the record – I didn’t intend that, but it’s just the way it worked out.

“We just played it in rehearsal the other day for the first time, and it was one of those things where you hold your breath. We’re going to do the whole album live in sequence, and you think, OK, is this thing going to work? Is this really going to close? And the first time... it worked. It felt good.”

Edited by BCIT - 13/6/2012, 20:21

view post Posted on 13/6/2012, 02:35

leave me alone a little while

Group:

Tipo che è una Pomp And Circumstance riuscita.

My Kaleidyscope
view post Posted on 13/6/2012, 16:25

Questa è la traccia che chiude il disco che secondo Billy deciderà il futuro degli SP.
Bene. Non vedo l'ora di rivederlo live, solista, con un gruppo di turnisti a suonare per tre ore cover degli SP.

La canzone? Non aggiunge niente come poco aggiunge questo disco alla carriera del gruppo.

_dan
view post Posted on 13/6/2012, 17:10

ahah ma come finisce? wildflower, wildflower wildflower, wildflower
wildflower.

(mi sono bastati due ascolti ed è la prima che non ho voglia di sentire di nuovo per capire se è buona o meno..
nel dubbio per ora, skippo.)

+Darkal+
view post Posted on 14/6/2012, 01:14

Questa la salto sempre... Se la lasciava fuori era meglio... Ma una As Rome Burns no eh? Vero, una Pomp And Circumstance, non so se risucita o meno... comunque fanno schifo entrambe xD

crashing
view post Posted on 14/6/2012, 10:36

Per me non è ne buona né cattiva... conclude il viaggio diciamo.
La ascolto solo quando mi dedico ad un ascolto integrale dall'inizio alla fine... altrimenti la salto anch'io.
Meglio di Pomp comunque... molto meglio.

view post Posted on 14/6/2012, 10:48

Stinktier

Group:
Utente BCIT

sembra più da the future embrace

Web  Top
view post Posted on 14/6/2012, 17:49

RANTUMIIIIIIIIIII

Group:

A me non dispiace così tanto. Pezzo debole, sicuramente, ma la voce di Billy qui mi piace molto...

nikoz
view post Posted on 15/6/2012, 22:03

CITAZIONE (_dan @ 13/6/2012, 18:10) 
ahah ma come finisce? wildflower, wildflower wildflower, wildflower
wildflower.

ahahahahahahaah esatto, è quello che ho pensato anche io.

canzone piuttosto inutile, con un cantato anche piuttosto irritante. ma siamo anni luce da Pomps.

edit: l'ho rivalutata molto, forse spesso da ascoltatori ci si concentra troppo sulla produzione e non si ascolta bene.. un barlume di emozione in questo pezzo c'è.

Edited by nikoz - 22/6/2012, 09:17

mr.shirley
view post Posted on 22/6/2012, 14:21

per me è stupenda...sopratutto quando sembra che bolly stona...
pollice in sù...

dareios
view post Posted on 23/6/2012, 18:25

E' un brano di chiusura che potrebbe anche starci: la parte strumentale non è male.
Billy però è troppo logorroico qui, parla/canta troppo e il brano non respira mai mettendo un po' d'ansia in chi ascolta.

view post Posted on 23/6/2012, 19:28

RANTUMIIIIIIIIIII

Group:

Vero.. Però quel COOOMFOOORTS MEEEE!! secondo me è una delle cose più sentite di tutto l'album :)

11 replies since 12/6/2012, 19:53   419 views